Free Mover Programme
As part of the Free Mover programme, students who are at Bachelor degree, master’s degree or doctorate degree level at a university abroad can study at another university for one term or one academic year as a guest student by paying a term or annual fee to their own university and to the host university.
In the same way, students who are registered at bachelor degree, master’s degree or doctorate degree at Bursa Technical University can study at a university in another country for one term or one academic year as a guest student by paying a term or annual fee to Bursa Technical University and to the host university.
Contrary to other student exchange programmes, students who want to study at a university abroad as part of the Free Mover programme must contact the university they want to attend directly for information about the programmes for which they wish to apply, and for details about the documentation required.
The deadlines for applications are given below. Please note that these deadlines are final, and no applications can be accepted after the deadline has expired.
Autumn Semester Deadline: 12th July
Spring Semester Deadline: 30th November
Students using this programme are fully responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses, and any fees demanded by the student’s own university and the university which they would like to attend.
To check our brochure in English please click here.
Conditions of Application
1.Students who are registered at a Higher Education Institution at bachelor degree, master degree or doctorate degree at a university abroad can study at Bursa Technical University for one term or one academic year as a guest student by paying a term or annual fee to their own university and to Bursa Technical University.
2. Guest students can choose to follow courses from all units providing their application is approved by the relevant units.
3. Diplomas or degrees will not be awarded to guest students, but an approval letter with a transcript and details of the education period will be is sent to the student’s home university when their period of education is finished.
4. Students who would like to attend Bursa Technical University with the status of guest student must apply to the International Relations Office between the dates announced in the official academic calendar of our university.
5. The following documents must be submitted by students from foreign universities who want to attend Bursa Technical University as a guest student:
6. All documents should be signed and sent by e-mail and also regular post to;
Bursa Technical University
International Relations Office
Mimarsinan Bulvarı Eflak Cad. No 177
16310 Yıldırım / Bursa /TURKEY
7. The amount of tuition fees to be paid by students studying at Bursa Technical University is determined by the Council of Ministers, and announced on the Bursa Technical University website following a decision made by the University Senate.
Tuition fees per year for the 2018-2019 Academic year : Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences : 852 TL
Other Faculties : 1161 TL
8. Students from other universities who wish to attend Bursa Technical University as a guest student will be required to pay the tuition fees into a designated bank account between the dates specified after they have been accepted as students of the university.
9. Bursa Technical University does not provide incoming students with insurance cover. Students must provide health insurance of their own which is valid in Turkey. As all visiting students to Turkey travel outside Bursa at some time during their stay, we advise them to arrange health insurance before they come to Turkey. Even if you do not have insurance in your own country, it may be necessary in Turkey.
10. Students who would like to attend Bursa Technical University with the status of guest student must apply for a student visa. The university cannot be held responsible for any problems regarding visas and customs.